Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Connecting to Apple ID Server

Hi, I am trying to set up a new MacBook Air and at the screen where I enter my Apple ID & password, it keeps saying "There was an error connecting to the Apple ID Server." and I cannot get any further. Any thoughts? Thanks!

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 5:05 AM

Hello Sherlock820,

Welcome to the Apple Support Community!

Try following these steps to help resolve your problem:

• Take a look at Apple’s System Status to ensure Apple Servers aren’t experiencing any issues
  • Check that you’re connected to WiFi
  • Try using a different WiFi network or switch to your cellular data network (and temporarily turn off WiFi)
  • If using a public WiFi network or a WiFi network that’s limited or restricted like at your workplace, try using Cellular Data instead or use a personal hotspot
  • If you own another Apple device like an iPad, iPod, or Mac, generate a verification code on that device to enter into the other device
  • Use one Apple ID for all Apple Services or toggle off any services (like FaceTime, Game Center, and Messages App) that use a different Apple ID
  • Set your Date & Time to Set Automatically
  • Restart or force restart your iDevice
  • Try logging out of your Apple ID and then logging back in
  • Sign out of the Apple ID in Settings >iTunes & App Store, wait 30 seconds, and sign back in
  • Go to Apple ID’s website and reset your Apple ID account password and try with this updated password
  • Turn off any advertising (adblocker) or Content Blockers
  • Temporarily disable any VPN

Let me know if you need anymore help :)

Thanks, EpicX

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2020 5:05 AM in response to Sherlock820

Hello Sherlock820,

Welcome to the Apple Support Community!

Try following these steps to help resolve your problem:

• Take a look at Apple’s System Status to ensure Apple Servers aren’t experiencing any issues
  • Check that you’re connected to WiFi
  • Try using a different WiFi network or switch to your cellular data network (and temporarily turn off WiFi)
  • If using a public WiFi network or a WiFi network that’s limited or restricted like at your workplace, try using Cellular Data instead or use a personal hotspot
  • If you own another Apple device like an iPad, iPod, or Mac, generate a verification code on that device to enter into the other device
  • Use one Apple ID for all Apple Services or toggle off any services (like FaceTime, Game Center, and Messages App) that use a different Apple ID
  • Set your Date & Time to Set Automatically
  • Restart or force restart your iDevice
  • Try logging out of your Apple ID and then logging back in
  • Sign out of the Apple ID in Settings >iTunes & App Store, wait 30 seconds, and sign back in
  • Go to Apple ID’s website and reset your Apple ID account password and try with this updated password
  • Turn off any advertising (adblocker) or Content Blockers
  • Temporarily disable any VPN

Let me know if you need anymore help :)

Thanks, EpicX

Error Connecting to Apple ID Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.