Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update = Unable to transfer files from Mac to External hard disk

Why is it that just after the update, I am now unable to transfer files from my Pro to my External? its really annoying as **** and now I'm running out of space. anyone else has the same problem?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 12:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 7:30 AM

What format is your external drive. If it is NTFS you were likely running a third party app such as Paragon or Tuxera that allowed your Mac to write to the NTFS drive. When you upgraded your OS did you also upgrade your third party app?

If your externalk drive is not formatted NTFS as I I explained above we'll delve more deeply into your issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2020 7:30 AM in response to JadenZC

What format is your external drive. If it is NTFS you were likely running a third party app such as Paragon or Tuxera that allowed your Mac to write to the NTFS drive. When you upgraded your OS did you also upgrade your third party app?

If your externalk drive is not formatted NTFS as I I explained above we'll delve more deeply into your issue.

Update = Unable to transfer files from Mac to External hard disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.