Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud backup

I deleted the backups in my iCloud to create more storage and it now will not let me backup to my iCloud because it says there is not enough storage but there is plenty. How do I get this phone to backup to the iCloud?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 5:58 AM

It is possible that the size of your backup could exceed your available storage. You dint say how much iCloud storage you currently have. If you only have the 5GB of free storage, that can easily be used up in no time depending on what you backup with iCloud.

Maybe something in here will help as well.

If you can't back up to iCloud or restore from iCloud backup failed - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2020 5:58 AM in response to LollieD2

It is possible that the size of your backup could exceed your available storage. You dint say how much iCloud storage you currently have. If you only have the 5GB of free storage, that can easily be used up in no time depending on what you backup with iCloud.

Maybe something in here will help as well.

If you can't back up to iCloud or restore from iCloud backup failed - Apple Support

iCloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.