Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System update red notification shows

Dear Community!

Under "macOS Catalina 10.15.4" I always have a red notification mark on my system settings icon on the Dock. Even though I click on it it sais that there is no available update to download. Even if i restart the mac it wont disappear and it makes me crazy. Does anyone know how to make it disappear?

I know I could live with it but I have some sort of an OCD :D

Thanks for your answers in advance!

David

David's MacBook Pro 13"

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 6:24 AM

razieee wrote:

thanks for the rapid answer!
It did work but as soon as i go back to check the update it automatically puts the red notification back again, and than i have to enter the terminal code again.

Is this normal? Anyway i think its solved :D

?

Why would you go back and check software again?

Yes it is normal, suppress again it if you do not want to see it.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2020 6:24 AM in response to razieee

razieee wrote:

thanks for the rapid answer!
It did work but as soon as i go back to check the update it automatically puts the red notification back again, and than i have to enter the terminal code again.

Is this normal? Anyway i think its solved :D

?

Why would you go back and check software again?

Yes it is normal, suppress again it if you do not want to see it.

Apr 18, 2020 6:20 AM in response to razieee

razieee wrote:

Dear Community!

Under "macOS Catalina 10.15.4" I always have a red notification mark on my system settings icon on the Dock. Even though I click on it it sais that there is no available update to download. Even if i restart the mac it wont disappear and it makes me crazy. Does anyone know how to make it disappear?

To suppress the red badge icon on the Dock, from the Terminal.app , copy and paste:

defaults write com.apple.systempreferences AttentionPrefBundleIDs 0 && killall Dock

quit the Terminal.app

System update red notification shows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.