Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot remove iCLoud Music Library from iTunes and I cannot sync my playlists to my iphone.

I used to be able to sync my iphone with iTunes and get all my playlists on my phone. Several months ago I subscribed to Apple Music and it changed my set-up to iCloud Music Library and now there are no playlists on my phone. No matter what I have tried I can't get them there. I also don't have Apple Music anymore. Help says go to Edit/Preferences and you can turn off iCloud Music Library (and lose music I downloaded from Apple but that's fine) but there IS NO Turn Off listed. I tried uploading the app instead of the software and still no turn off. Anyone have any suggestions other than deleted everything and started brand new. I have too much music there from other places to start over.

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 12:37 PM

It may not help, but see the "On your PC with iTunes for Windows" section in:

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

If you made a backup of your iTunes library before you subscribed to Apple Music, you can try to select that backup;

Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community

Use multiple iTunes libraries on PC - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2020 12:37 PM in response to alkaseltz9

It may not help, but see the "On your PC with iTunes for Windows" section in:

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

If you made a backup of your iTunes library before you subscribed to Apple Music, you can try to select that backup;

Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community

Use multiple iTunes libraries on PC - Apple Support

I cannot remove iCLoud Music Library from iTunes and I cannot sync my playlists to my iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.