Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My personalized Memoji is gone -- is there a way to restore it?

I just noticed that my personalized Memoji is no longer in the Memoji/Animoji keyboard on my iPhone. I have an iPhone XS and my iOS is up-to-date. I read this post (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250927994) already and tried restarting my phone, but no luck. Before i try reinstalling iOS, I want to be sure the problem is understood. It's not the Memoji or Animoji keyboard that's missing -- they're both still there. It my own personalized version -- my face that's missing. It will be a pain to try to recreate it, but it will also be a pain to reinstall iOS on my phone.

Thanks!

Scott

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 4:49 AM

I’m pretty sure this is when my Memoji disappeared, after I recently updated to the latest iOS on my iPhone X it simply vanished. I haven’t had to do any hard resets or purposely deleted it. To have automatic back ups that don’t save something so personal seems strange also.

11 replies

May 31, 2020 6:17 AM in response to ocius1

Also happened to me but knew I hadn’t purposely deleted it. Tried to find a way to restore to no avail. ☹️ Remembered I’d done a hard reset days ago because another app was acting up. On a hunch, I created a new quick personalized Memoji, did the hard reset (up volume, down volume, hold down right button until Apple logo), & sure enough the personalized Memoji face sticker disappeared. What the what? 😳 As many times as hard resets are performed due to phone glitches, seems like Apple would work this kink out. I’m not gonna bother taking the time to create that perfect face sticker if it can be wiped out this easily. Fail, Apple... fail! 🤬 LMK if anyone else tries the hard reset & loses their personalized Memoji. Maybe if enough people complain, they’ll fix it, & I’ll trust them again to bother with it. 😕

My personalized Memoji is gone -- is there a way to restore it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.