Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15 Memoji blackface issue

Since updating to iOS 15, about half of my Memoji are showing as “blackface” which is very disturbing. I saw previous posts about this in 2019 and 2020 but never saw any resolutions. Also would have thought this would be fixed by now. I have hard restarted my phone etc but no luck. How does one get this to go back to normal?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 11:54 AM

Solved: I simply edited my existing Memoji and when it saved the “black face” issue went away.

Interesting that this happened only after I updated to iOS 15 and everyone else I know who also updated did not have this same issue.

Also interesting there were reports of this issue occurring back in 2019 and 2020 so it seems to be a glitch still getting transferred over in the code, relation unknown

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2021 11:54 AM in response to k2lafonte

Solved: I simply edited my existing Memoji and when it saved the “black face” issue went away.

Interesting that this happened only after I updated to iOS 15 and everyone else I know who also updated did not have this same issue.

Also interesting there were reports of this issue occurring back in 2019 and 2020 so it seems to be a glitch still getting transferred over in the code, relation unknown

iOS 15 Memoji blackface issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.