Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have new iPad, which is not allowing messages to or from android phone users. Also, have an iPhine and iPad Air which do allow Android messaging. How do I fix new iPad?

Have new iPad, which is not allowing messages to or from android phone users. Also, have an iPhine and iPad Air which do allow Android messaging. How do I fix new iPad?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 6:39 PM

Hello,

Please verify the following:

•Messages is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad in Settings > Tap your account > iCloud.

•iMessage is enabled on your iPhone and iPad in Settings > Messages.

•Text Message forwarding is enabled on your iPhone in Settings > Messages.

2 replies

Apr 20, 2020 3:33 AM in response to Onimod

Use What’sApp. That’s the only way I can send non-iMessage “txts” with my cellular enabled iPad. I asked my mobile network why I was given 100 txt’s per month if I cannot use them on my iPad Pro to be told “just in case I put the sim into a phone”... There are a few WhatsApp Desktop connected apps on the App Store but they all require your phone to be next to the iPad & connected to same WiFi network to be used.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.