Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing Dropping Out or continually Reconnecting

I have an intermittent issue with home sharing dropping out when streaming to my iPad Pro and my iPhone. Either streaming movies to my iPad or music to both iPad and iPhone it will take a long time to connect initially. Sometime I will have to physically wake up the iMac to get the connection started then it will work fine or randomly drop the connection then sometimes try to reconnect or just give me an error and stop there.

I am running all the latest related software on all devices. There is no beta software on anything.

Any suggestions would be welcome

Thanks

Alex

Equipment is

iMac (retina 4K 21.5" 2017)

iPhone 8

iPad Pro 12.9" first edition.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 1:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 1:01 AM

Turn 5GHz off as a test to see if it helps. Everything should continue to work on 2.4GHz. If you need the extra speed of 5GHz change the password for that network and forget it from the iPhone used to configure the HomePod.

tt2

9 replies

Apr 26, 2020 6:01 AM in response to turingtest2

Hello Turingtest2

i split my 2.4 and 5 GHz networks with different SSID and you suggestion world perfectly. All iOS devices hold the home sharing connectIon when streaming. Many hanks for your help. This advice may be useful to everyone as I read many sites who just say keep the two frequencies on the same ssid and password for convenience.

Cheers substrate

Home Sharing Dropping Out or continually Reconnecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.