Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID linked to non existent email?

The first few years of owning my IPhone, it had an Apple ID linked to an email account. However, this email account doesn’t exist. When I logged out of it to try out a new ID, I realized I couldn’t update my apps on my old ID, and I couldn’t log into it since it’s password cannot be obtained due to Forgot Password only sending the password to the non existent email. I could just delete the apps and install them onto this new ID, but I cannot update things like GarageBand and other non delete-able apps. How could I possibly fix this?

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 2:43 AM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2020 9:38 AM in response to face176

First, contact Apple ID Support to see if they will assist your in resetting the password for the old ID. If you can successfully do that, do a name change on your old ID.

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport

From the article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support.      

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID linked to non existent email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.