Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP!!! ‘enable full trust for root certificates’ option does not exist on my ipad

When I fetch emails, I am continually getting a pop-up saying 'Cannot Verify Server Identity'.

When I click on details, there is no option to accept the certificate (which is ok to be trusted as it's for my own domain).

I have followed advice (Here https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204477) to go to Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings. Under "Enable full trust for root certificates", turn on trust for the

certificate.

However, the option ‘enable full trust for root certificates’ simply does not exist.

So, ever time I fetch mail, these pop-ups appear about 10 times effectively rendering my iPad useless. See photo below.

I am running software version 13.3.1.

Can anyone help?

HELP!!!

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 13

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 2:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 3:05 AM

Self-signed certificates are your problem, as without a verifiable chain of trust to a trusted root certificate (unless configured and managed as an Enterprise device), iOS/iPadOS will always consider the certificate to be untrusted.

There are two routes to resolution - and I suspect you’re going to protest at both options.

1) Do things properly - and purchase a certificate from a commercial Certificate Authority (CA), for your system, that has a verIfied chain of trust.

2) If you intend to use your own CA to issue certificates, use the available Apple Enterprise tools (e.g. Apple Configurator 2) to create a profile for installation on your device(s).

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/apple-configurator

Whilst perhaps not what you were hoping to learn, I hope this information is helpful to you - and leads you to the appropriate solution.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2020 3:05 AM in response to LeighJW

Self-signed certificates are your problem, as without a verifiable chain of trust to a trusted root certificate (unless configured and managed as an Enterprise device), iOS/iPadOS will always consider the certificate to be untrusted.

There are two routes to resolution - and I suspect you’re going to protest at both options.

1) Do things properly - and purchase a certificate from a commercial Certificate Authority (CA), for your system, that has a verIfied chain of trust.

2) If you intend to use your own CA to issue certificates, use the available Apple Enterprise tools (e.g. Apple Configurator 2) to create a profile for installation on your device(s).

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/apple-configurator

Whilst perhaps not what you were hoping to learn, I hope this information is helpful to you - and leads you to the appropriate solution.

HELP!!! ‘enable full trust for root certificates’ option does not exist on my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.