Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail not syncing with Microsoft Exchange account

I have two Apple computers (both on iCloud) and Mail (v12.4) on both recently stopped syncing properly with my workplace Exchange account (which I've used for years with no major problems). They only rarely download new mail (it can take days). There is no problem sending mail, except I sometimes get a sequence of pop-up message boxes saying "draft cannot be saved" (four that all have to be dismissed before I can do anything else). Rebooting does not help, nor did deleting and recreating the email account from scratch which I tried on both machines. Other mail clients (Spark) work fine (except I don't like them as much!). Any ideas appreciated.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 9:14 AM

stevenfromkensington wrote:

I have two Apple computers (both on iCloud) and Mail (v12.4) on both recently stopped syncing properly with my workplace Exchange account (which I've used for years with no major problems). They only rarely download new mail (it can take days). There is no problem sending mail, except I sometimes get a sequence of pop-up message boxes saying "draft cannot be saved" (four that all have to be dismissed before I can do anything else). Rebooting does not help, nor did deleting and recreating the email account from scratch which I tried on both machines. Other mail clients (Spark) work fine (except I don't like them as much!). Any ideas appreciated.

Outlook for Mac clients cannot connect to Exchange Server

I can't connect to my Exchange account in Outlook for Mac ...

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2020 9:14 AM in response to stevenfromkensington

stevenfromkensington wrote:

Outlook for Mac clients cannot connect to Exchange Server

I can't connect to my Exchange account in Outlook for Mac ...

May 5, 2020 4:18 PM in response to JMT67

Right, Mac Mail not Outlook :-P. I *seem* to have resolved this problem (though it's only been a few days so we have to see how it holds up). Turns out Mail creates a folder called "Archive" which it uses as your archive (and this does not appear to be configurable), while Exchange created one called "Archive1" (maybe it put the "1" there because "archive" already existed? Dunno). Also other clients I've tried out created their own so it turned out I had several unused folders called "Archivexxx". I deleted all except the ones used by Mail and Exchange, and so far it has worked (touch wood)

Mail not syncing with Microsoft Exchange account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.