Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchange email not syncing on Mac

Ever since updating to the last recent IOS systems on Mac, the latest ones being Catalina & Big Sur, my exchange email has not been syncing properly on Mac Mail (literally taking hours for the inbox to sync, though all other mailboxes seem to be syncing), though it syncs fine on iPhone and iPad. After trying a number of suggested fixes over the past few months, including deleting and reinstalling my account (which still didn't work), I finally noticed and tried the "Rebuild" option under Mailbox in Mail (the very last option at the bottom). Ever since trying that everything seems to be syncing properly, at least for the past week.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 2:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 9:44 AM

rsharrington wrote:

Ever since updating to the last recent IOS systems on Mac, the latest ones being Catalina & Big Sur, my exchange email has not been syncing properly on Mac Mail (literally taking hours for the inbox to sync, though all other mailboxes seem to be syncing), though it syncs fine on iPhone and iPad. After trying a number of suggested fixes over the past few months, including deleting and reinstalling my account (which still didn't work), I finally noticed and tried the "Rebuild" option under Mailbox in Mail (the very last option at the bottom). Ever since trying that everything seems to be syncing properly, at least for the past week.

If no resolve

Mail Account issues can be sorted typically by delete the account and add it back in.

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Set up email in Mac OS X Mail - Microsoft Support

I can't connect to my Exchange account - Microsoft Support

https://support.microsoft.com

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 9:44 AM in response to rsharrington

rsharrington wrote:

If no resolve

Mail Account issues can be sorted typically by delete the account and add it back in.

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Set up email in Mac OS X Mail - Microsoft Support

I can't connect to my Exchange account - Microsoft Support

https://support.microsoft.com

Oct 7, 2021 9:49 AM in response to rsharrington

Have had that exact same problem with the Exchange email - my iphone gets new emails fine. My macbook pro and imac (both running Big Sur 11.6) do not sync the Exchange mail again without a restart so I don't see the new messages unless I restart. It doesn't happen with my other email provider.

I am curious - did the Rebuild option fix your issue permanently?

Exchange email not syncing on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.