Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro are unreliable when connected to mac Mini

I have a 2018 mac Mini that's fully up to date and use some AirPod Pros with it. I've found the reliability of the AirPods are inconsistent at best when paired with the Mini but work great with my iPhone and iPad. I have two main symptoms:

* Randomly while on a voice call, which maybe Webex or Microsoft Teams, people complain my audio quality is poor

* AirPods disconnct from my system. That happens on calls or off of calls.

Other times, the quality is fine so I can't figure out what is causing the disconnect. My mini is in front of me by about a foot and a half and unobstructed. I've used the Bluetooth Explorer from the developer toolkit and find the AirPods are normally in the -50 RSSI range, periodically dipping into the -60 or -65 area and going into the -40's at times. Unfortunately I haven't been able to have the Bluetooth Explorer up during all my calls so I haven't seen the events related to disconnects or poor quality. I'm going to test other Bluetooth headphones tomorrow but my suspicion is they'll work fine.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 11:22 AM

Hello,

You might check for wireless interference:

If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted

Good luck.

Similar questions

2 replies

AirPods Pro are unreliable when connected to mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.