Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Body of email messages appears blank

Since upgrading to 10.14.6 on my 2017 iMac, I am only able to see the contents of emails by selecting 'forward', in the native Mail app.

The message displays fine in the body of the draft 'forward'. I then read and action the email and then delete the draft 'forward'.

in December 2019 read some scary, complex (for a basic user) so-called solutions. None were guaranteed.

Does Apple have a fix yet?

Is there a simple solution?

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 12:40 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 21, 2020 2:21 PM in response to stephenfromballajura

Hi there, stephenfromballajura!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with your emails not showing the message body unless you are forwarding the message. I recommend taking a look at this article with steps to follow for How to use safe mode on your Mac. This will perform checks and stop certain software from starting up automatically. Once you are in safe mode, test to see if you have the same issue. 

I also suggest checking out this article to Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac and see if rebuilding resolves the issue.

Let me know the results and take care!

Body of email messages appears blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.