Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disk space on imovie issue

since I loaded catalina, i am right in the middle of editing on iMovie, and trying to add addition; audio tracks to the movie:I keep getting a not enough disk space, delete files to get more space???

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 11:17 AM

Check your disk space by going to the Finder menu and clicking on the Apple Logo/About this Mac/Storage. If you are running out of disk space you will need to delete or transfer some files to free up the space.

Otherwise, redownloading iMovie can usually cure the problem. To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your

iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see

your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2020 11:17 AM in response to mikefromphiladephia

Check your disk space by going to the Finder menu and clicking on the Apple Logo/About this Mac/Storage. If you are running out of disk space you will need to delete or transfer some files to free up the space.

Otherwise, redownloading iMovie can usually cure the problem. To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your

iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see

your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

Apr 25, 2020 12:27 PM in response to mikefromphiladephia

Your project automatically saves as you

edit it. So you can close your project and close iMovie and put it into the trash (but don't empty the

trash, as I previously mentioned). Then you can do the redownload and empty the

trash after the redownload is completed. It is perfectly safe, but if you are

concerned you can move your iMovie app to an external drive and then unplug the

drive from your Mac when you do the redownload.

-- Rich

disk space on imovie issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.