Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with the Mac OS TV app

I noticed two problems in the TV app:

(1) if I search for a video in my library and use the search field, apparently the obvious choice, the app always goes to the Apple store. For this not to happen I have to use "Show filter Field", which is hidden in the menu View and disappears whenever I close the app. It doesn't make sense and doesn't work that way in Music.

(2) It would be assumed that, as in the Music app, on TV, playlists would allow videos to be uploaded to the iPhone and iPad. But although they appear in the Finder when I connect my iPhone or iPad to the iMac and can be selected, they don't appear in the iPhone or iPad TV app. They appear in the Music app, where they have no content and are useless! And if I delete them from there, they also disappear from the iMac TV app.

Has anyone else noticed these problems or am I the one who does not know how to use the application correctly? Does anyone know how to solve them?

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 1:12 PM

Unfortunately, your questions and ideas may be in the category of "Apple designed it that way and it is working as intended". Which means that none of us can do anything about it.

However, having said that, I will ask the hosts to move this topic to the TV app forum where you might find more knowledgeable people being able to answer.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2020 1:12 PM in response to Alvaro Nunes

Unfortunately, your questions and ideas may be in the category of "Apple designed it that way and it is working as intended". Which means that none of us can do anything about it.

However, having said that, I will ask the hosts to move this topic to the TV app forum where you might find more knowledgeable people being able to answer.

Apr 20, 2020 2:13 PM in response to babowa

It's hard to believe Apple did things intentionally like that. I want to believe that because there have been major changes with the end of iTunes, the TV app is not yet fully developed. For instance, the latest update to Catalina fixed some flaws in connecting to iPhones and iPads. I hope that's also the case here because the Music app doesn't have any of the flaws I pointed out. That said, I believe you may be right, although I hope you're not.

Problems with the Mac OS TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.