Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi problem caused by my MacBook Pro

Hello, I need help :’(. Whenever my MacBook Pro connects to my home’s WiFi, after a few seconds the WiFi router lights begin to freak out and nobody’s device can use WiFi. When I turn off WiFi from my Mac, WiFi works just fine for everybody. Personal hotspot is not a problem, it’s just my computer and the router.

I recently downgraded from Catalina to Mojave. I hope that is not the cause of it because I really prefer Mojave over Catalina.

Some help from this weird problem would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 8:08 PM

That problem can occur if a device on your network is retuning the same packets to that network, creating a "feedback loop" of a sort, and quickly overwhelming its ability to do anything else.

In an effort to advance troubleshooting, try creating a new network location on your Mac: Use network locations on Mac - Apple Support.

Power down your router to reset it first. Then switch to that new location, power up the router again and let it start. Determine if the problem persists.

How to use network locations on your Mac explains network locations in some additional detail.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2020 8:08 PM in response to juanavlin

That problem can occur if a device on your network is retuning the same packets to that network, creating a "feedback loop" of a sort, and quickly overwhelming its ability to do anything else.

In an effort to advance troubleshooting, try creating a new network location on your Mac: Use network locations on Mac - Apple Support.

Power down your router to reset it first. Then switch to that new location, power up the router again and let it start. Determine if the problem persists.

How to use network locations on your Mac explains network locations in some additional detail.

Wifi problem caused by my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.