Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail won't redirect mail

I'm trying to redirect some iCloud emails to my work address, but Mail fails with the error:

'Cannot send message using the server icloud. The server response was: From address is not one of your addresses'.

At this point the 'send to' address (the one I am trying to redirect to) disappears from the email so it is not possible to send using a different smtp server - I just have to start over.

I assume that this is a security issue stopping emails from one address 'pretending' to be from another. If so why is the redirect options still in Apple mail?

iMac Pro

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 5:01 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 21, 2020 5:32 AM in response to manofdogz

manofdogz wrote:

I'm trying to redirect some iCloud emails to my work address, but Mail fails with the error:

'Cannot send message using the server icloud. The server response was: From address is not one of your addresses'.

At this point the 'send to' address (the one I am trying to redirect to) disappears from the email so it is not possible to send using a different smtp server - I just have to start over.

I assume that this is a security issue stopping emails from one address 'pretending' to be from another. If so why is the redirect options still in Apple mail?

Get help using iCloud Mail - Apple Support

Apple Mail won't redirect mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.