Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wacom Tablet driver only works on new user

I have a MacBook Pro with Catalina 10.15.4 and a Wacom Intuos and I had it working before. Recently I had to use it again but it doesn't work anymore. When I connect the tablet nothing happens.

I've tried everything, removing drivers and preferences (Wacom Tablet Utility), reinstalling driver, etc. until I got in touch with Wacom's support and they asked me to create a new user.

It worked so I guess there's something wrong with the user profile. I ran the FirstAid on the Disk Utility hoping that it would fix some issue with the user permissions. No luck.

I wish I could avoid migrating everything to a new user because of this issue.

Is there a solution for this? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 3:27 PM

Hi there nunoperezvicente,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I'd want to make sure I was able to use my tablet as well, and I'll be glad to see how I can assist. As I understand it, Wacom support helped you determine the issue is user-specific. That's helpful information!

Testing in safe mode can be a good idea in general, but since the issue involves port connections and a third-party tablet, it may not be as useful in this case. Checking login items for your user account is a good idea though. Click Apple menu () > System Preferences > Users & Groups. Then click your user account and click Login Items. You might try the steps here to see if they help: If your Mac has a blue screen or other startup problems

"Test your login items

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups.
  2. Click your account name below Current User, then click Login Items at the top of the window.
  3. Make a list of the login items—you’ll need to remember them later.
  4. Select all of the login items, then click the Remove button .
  5. Choose Apple menu > Restart.
  6. If this solves the problem, open Users & Groups preferences again, add the login items one at a time, and restart your Mac after adding each one.
  7. When the problem occurs again, follow the steps above to remove only the last login item you added."

Feel free to reply back with the results. Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2020 3:27 PM in response to nunoperezvicente

Hi there nunoperezvicente,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I'd want to make sure I was able to use my tablet as well, and I'll be glad to see how I can assist. As I understand it, Wacom support helped you determine the issue is user-specific. That's helpful information!

Testing in safe mode can be a good idea in general, but since the issue involves port connections and a third-party tablet, it may not be as useful in this case. Checking login items for your user account is a good idea though. Click Apple menu () > System Preferences > Users & Groups. Then click your user account and click Login Items. You might try the steps here to see if they help: If your Mac has a blue screen or other startup problems

"Test your login items

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups.
  2. Click your account name below Current User, then click Login Items at the top of the window.
  3. Make a list of the login items—you’ll need to remember them later.
  4. Select all of the login items, then click the Remove button .
  5. Choose Apple menu > Restart.
  6. If this solves the problem, open Users & Groups preferences again, add the login items one at a time, and restart your Mac after adding each one.
  7. When the problem occurs again, follow the steps above to remove only the last login item you added."

Feel free to reply back with the results. Take care.

Apr 24, 2020 10:24 AM in response to MoonJ.

Thank you so much. Actually the procedure it self didn't fix the problem but it led me to the solution. I'm going to share to help anyone that comes across the same thing.

The login items were empty but the computer starts some applications that were not listed there. In my case, was CleanMyMac, that was blocking the driver to startup. It was blocked in the Launch Agents under the Optimisation option.

Thanks once more for pointing the direction. Cheers.

Wacom Tablet driver only works on new user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.