Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I installed the Catilina update and now my files are

I've installed the update MacOS Catalina, and now my desktop files are missing, and the majority of the files in downloaded/documents, and iCloud Drive are gone! I'm not great with the computer, so this is really difficult for me. Is there a way to uninstall the update and get all my files back?

The only folder I have on my desktop says Relocated Items, but I'm not able to open anything in it.

Help!!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 1:40 PM

Did you update or did you upgrade. An update is for an OS version you are currently running. An upgrade is a new OS.

I can't imagine what could have happened with an update, so I'll assume you upgraded.

Are you certain you don't see Desktop and Documents folders inside your iCloud Drive? When you run through the startup assistant when you upgrade the OS, it will ask if you want to synchronize your Desktop & Documents folders to your iCloud Drive. If you just click past the question, it will seemingly "move" your files into iCloud Drive.

What do you see inside the Relocated Items folder? Or can you not open it at all?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2020 1:40 PM in response to nuthousemom

Did you update or did you upgrade. An update is for an OS version you are currently running. An upgrade is a new OS.

I can't imagine what could have happened with an update, so I'll assume you upgraded.

Are you certain you don't see Desktop and Documents folders inside your iCloud Drive? When you run through the startup assistant when you upgrade the OS, it will ask if you want to synchronize your Desktop & Documents folders to your iCloud Drive. If you just click past the question, it will seemingly "move" your files into iCloud Drive.

What do you see inside the Relocated Items folder? Or can you not open it at all?

I installed the Catilina update and now my files are

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.