Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sign into my iPad with my iPhone Apple ID but make It where NONE OF MY texts or phone calls are synced to the iPad?

How do I sign into my iPad with my iPhone Apple ID but make It where NONE OF MY texts or phone calls are synced to the iPad?

TYIA Ya’ll....!

~Stevey~

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 7:45 AM

On your iPhone

1. Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding > [Select iPad] [Disable]
  2. Settings > Phone > Calls on other devices > [Select iPad] [Disable]
4 replies

Apr 21, 2020 7:48 AM in response to stevey_L

By default, a number of iCloud services will sync when you sign in with the same Apple ID. To prevent this syncing on your iPad, you will need to disable syncing on those services you don't want on your iPad.

Settings > Your Name > iCloud, then move the slider to the left for those services that you don't want synced.

However, SMS text and phone calls are not provided by Apple, but from your cellular voice provider. If both of your iOS devices are using the same phone number, then you will need to contact them about how you would go about disabling (if possible) syncing between these services.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.