Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upload contents of iPod to new computer

I have an iPod classic. I recently bought a new laptop which uses Windows 10. I installed iTunes and tried to sync the contents of my iPod but hardly any of the music uploaded to iTunes, mostly things I had bought in the store. How do I put everything that's on my iPod onto iTunes so I can listen on my laptop?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 2:04 PM

Outside of purchases from the iTunes store, syncing is one way only. Computer to iPod. There is no transfer from the iPod to a computer through iTunes.

However, you can set the iPod to disc mode, and extract the music from it that way. Then you'll need to rebuild the iTunes Library.

Follow the steps here: Recover media from an iPod - Apple Community

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2020 2:04 PM in response to eleanorinexile

Outside of purchases from the iTunes store, syncing is one way only. Computer to iPod. There is no transfer from the iPod to a computer through iTunes.

However, you can set the iPod to disc mode, and extract the music from it that way. Then you'll need to rebuild the iTunes Library.

Follow the steps here: Recover media from an iPod - Apple Community

Upload contents of iPod to new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.