Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2019 Touchbar acts as function keys even when function isn't pressed (in bootcamp)

My touchbar while in Win 10 bootcamp has been working just fine until today. Now when I press the different touchbar icons it's as if the function key is held down, though the icons don't look like the function keys. For example the dim keyboard backlight button performs as F5, and the other buttons respectively as the other function keys. When I hold the function key, they do change appearance to the correct function keys icons, but they then perform correctly...as function keys. Toggling the function key setting in bootcamp control panel does not fix the issue. Any advice? Restarting the device did not fix the issue.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 5:53 PM

Yes the touchbar works correctly in macOS, the Fn key is not sticky.

I restarted the device in macOS and then restarted again in Win10 and the problem persisted....well for about a minute or two then it just fixed itself? Weird.

Similar questions

3 replies

Macbook Pro 2019 Touchbar acts as function keys even when function isn't pressed (in bootcamp)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.