Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina Bluetooth Issues

I just updated my 2017 Macbook Pro to OSX Catalina and bluetooth headphones will no longer connect. It attempts to connect, status changes connected for 10ish seconds, then drops.

Things I've tried:

• Remove all bluetooth devices
  • Reset the bluetooth module
  • Delete the bluetooth plist
  • SMC Reset
  • Reset NVRAM/PRAM
  • Restarting
  • Connecting bluetooth with wifi disconnected
  • Tried another set of headphones

Have you heard of this problem and do you know of any other potential fixes?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 1:52 PM

• On your Mac, go to Finder.
  • Click “Go” in Menu Bar and “Go to Folder.
  • A window will pop up. Copy and paste /Library/Preferences and click Go.
  • A new window will pop up. Find the com.apple.Bluetooth.plist file and drag this to the Trash.
  • Now again go to Finder, click Go and Go to Folder and copy and paste ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost click Go.
  • Locate this file: com.apple.Bluetooth.xxxxxxxxxx (xxxxx=random letters or numbers)
  • And drag this to the Trash.
  • Now restart your Mac. Do not worry your Mac will automatically recreate these files.

(from macreports.com)

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 1:52 PM in response to calpuccino

• On your Mac, go to Finder.
  • Click “Go” in Menu Bar and “Go to Folder.
  • A window will pop up. Copy and paste /Library/Preferences and click Go.
  • A new window will pop up. Find the com.apple.Bluetooth.plist file and drag this to the Trash.
  • Now again go to Finder, click Go and Go to Folder and copy and paste ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost click Go.
  • Locate this file: com.apple.Bluetooth.xxxxxxxxxx (xxxxx=random letters or numbers)
  • And drag this to the Trash.
  • Now restart your Mac. Do not worry your Mac will automatically recreate these files.

(from macreports.com)

Catalina Bluetooth Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.