Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Desktop Connection for Mac (8) - please help

Hello,

I, like many, have to connect remotely for work. I have a 2017 dell that was working fine for this until yesterday when it just shut off and now will not turn on unfortunately.

I have dug up my old 2009 Macbook and maxed out the RAM (8GB)/updated the software to the max (El Capitan). It works great. I am trying to now connect remotely to my work desktop, but it will not let me download Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection because the current version (10) requires the next level of software (Sierra) which I literally cannot upgrade to on this Mac. 

Is there any way to get access to the Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection 8? Or another way to do this? I cannot find an answer anywhere other than to ask the developer and really need to get this working. There is no way i can afford to go get another computer with everything going on. 

Thanks for your time and help!

Remote Desktop

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 10:33 AM

Microsoft pulled Remote Desktop version 8 from the Mac app store in September of 2018. It is no longer available either form the App Store or directly from Microsoft.

There might be another rdp client in the App Store that will run on your machine... what version of macOS are you running and exactly what model Mac do you have?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2020 10:33 AM in response to conteilsole

Microsoft pulled Remote Desktop version 8 from the Mac app store in September of 2018. It is no longer available either form the App Store or directly from Microsoft.

There might be another rdp client in the App Store that will run on your machine... what version of macOS are you running and exactly what model Mac do you have?

Remote Desktop Connection for Mac (8) - please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.