Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is is possible to miss incoming messages during a restore to iPhone?

I sent someone a message from my phone just before trying a system update. The system update didn't go well. Twice I got error 14 and the only way I could get success was just to restore my phone from a backup I had done earlier today (before sending the text message). When the phone came back online, I checked and the message I had sent was no longer there. No surprise since the backup was from earlier. But how do I know if the person responded while I was trying to restore the phone? I don't want to text them to see if they already answered because it involves a job inquiry and this just makes me seem like a disorganized mess, technology-wise.

I don't automatically store messages to iCloud, unfortunately.

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 4:16 PM

If that is the only device which uses Messages, there will be no other record of the sent message. Explain briefly in another message that your iPhone was not functioning properly when you attempted to send the first message. IMHO, technology is not infallible.

1 reply

Is is possible to miss incoming messages during a restore to iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.