Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does iphone se 2020 come with sim card

Does the iphone se 2020 come with sim card

iPhone SE

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 11:33 AM

When I purchased the new iPhone SE last week, there were two options in terms of activation. 1) Have apple activate it for you (need some info from your phone carrier), or 2) activate it yourself upon arrival.

I chose the latter option, and now am worried because I'm not sure the exact steps I need to do in order to get my new phone up and running. I'm assuming I need to remove the SIM card from my old iPhone 6S and insert it into my new iPhone SE before I can get up and running? Are there any detailed instruction on how to do this??

52 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2020 11:33 AM in response to chris_g1

When I purchased the new iPhone SE last week, there were two options in terms of activation. 1) Have apple activate it for you (need some info from your phone carrier), or 2) activate it yourself upon arrival.

I chose the latter option, and now am worried because I'm not sure the exact steps I need to do in order to get my new phone up and running. I'm assuming I need to remove the SIM card from my old iPhone 6S and insert it into my new iPhone SE before I can get up and running? Are there any detailed instruction on how to do this??

Apr 29, 2020 2:27 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Boost says "This device is not eligible to be swapped" and Tello says "Oops! Your SIM is not compatible with your phone." Boost provided that message after typing in the MEID number. Tello asked for both the MEID and SIM card numbers. I have an existing Boost account on an older iPhone SE and am simply trying to activate the new phone on the same account.

Apr 29, 2020 3:35 PM in response to laurav66

Just to update with my current status: I called Boost, and they said I needed to contact Apple to be sure the new phone is unlocked because the new phone's IMEI number isn't showing up in their system. I'm on the phone with Apple now, but they seem mystified because the phone should be unlocked. She's thinking the SIM on the old SE might be incompatible with the new SE, but is trying to determine for sure.

May 6, 2020 8:01 PM in response to laurav66

Yeah, so this is a complete nightmare. I went from an iPhone 7 on Virgin with a Sprint branded SIM to a new SE (2020) unlocked from Apple.

Here's what I've learned: CS at Boost is awful and you must get someone to add your IMEI into their system (your IMEI from an Apple direct purchase will show "locked to Apple"). They darn well know this but it is a lottery to get someone to add your number into their system. Once they add that number I can verify that you do indeed need an updated SIM from Boost (10 bucks at their store or buy from ebay if you have time to wait). This will get you what you need to be up and running. Do not let Boost CS transfer you to Apple and call back over and over if you have to--I got the "high call volume" message too but was never on an initial hold more than 30 seconds.

Good luck--might take a few tries but they can do it--and they know they can do it.

May 7, 2020 5:08 PM in response to MarioYepez

If you have the SE 2020 edition, this is what I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SWDX7BF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You need a Sprint SIM 516TQ (it's SIM ID "D"). I cannot vouch for that link above as I just ordered it, but it says it includes this model number of SIM card which is what was identified by the Boost associate at the store I stopped at today (they were sold out).

May 7, 2020 6:34 PM in response to Hookemhorns017

I don’t know if this helps anyone. I gave up with Boost customer service. I called the Boost store I got my son a phone at last Christmas, the guy told me throw away the card they sent you, bring it here, $10 for the card $35 for activation fee, I dropped the phone off and 20 minutes later he called my son’s phone and my IPhone SE 2020 purchased on apple.com was activated. Call your store and good luck!

does iphone se 2020 come with sim card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.