Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen recording app Loom is causing lots of errors in the console, ramping the fan to max and freezing computer

Hey all this is my first time posting but I've used this forum for info about my 2 macbooks and my imac many times before. So thanks and keep it going.

I use a screen recording program called loom and it is causing the following errors multiple times every second. This happens both when using it as a chrome extension and also when its being used as a stand alone app.

I've reached out to loom however I think it is a problem with my mac or catalina... unfortunately a search on google doesn't really lead me to any answers.

I first noticed this before I tracked it down to loom cause my iMac 2012 (late) started spinning the fan up to over 3000rpm for a period then would freeze and reset.

I have TG pro to check the internal temps and sometimes this happens when the temps are at late 60's or early 70's. Boosting the fan before it spins up doesn't help.

A check of Activity Monitor reveals no heavy tasks and often a cpu usage of around 30% only, Ram at max 20gb out of 32gb, no HDD activity to get excited about and nothing else happening

Deleting startup items doesn't help either does resetting the NVRAM. I haven't done a new install of catalina since getting the issue however before I started using Loom Catalina was installed from scratch about a week before.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 8:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 3:17 AM

You can try resetting the SMC for the fan issue How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Regarding Loom your issues are likely on their end not Apples, maybe start with their support https://support.loom.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000251698-Troubleshooting

Similar questions

1 reply

Screen recording app Loom is causing lots of errors in the console, ramping the fan to max and freezing computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.