Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone showing as locked when connected to photos on my Mac???

I want to transfer photos from my iphone to external hard drive to free space but although my connected phone is showing in finder, when I open photos on my mac the iphone is not showing as connected and asks for the phone to be unlocked although it already is? HELP!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 2:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 7:32 AM

Generally speaking Image Capture manages photos best between phone and Mac over even using the Photos App. Open Image Capture to manage what's on the phone versus what's on the Mac.

Use the Finder the synchronize your Music library and backed up information like texts.

Use the Finder to Eject the iPhone before disconnecting the cable from your computer.

Make sure the left sidebar in the Finder is showing removable items using the Finder preferences, if uncertain if the iPhone is still considered as connected. Image Capture, Photos, and iTunes need to be quit before you can remove it from the Finder.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 7:32 AM in response to ruftheduf

Generally speaking Image Capture manages photos best between phone and Mac over even using the Photos App. Open Image Capture to manage what's on the phone versus what's on the Mac.

Use the Finder the synchronize your Music library and backed up information like texts.

Use the Finder to Eject the iPhone before disconnecting the cable from your computer.

Make sure the left sidebar in the Finder is showing removable items using the Finder preferences, if uncertain if the iPhone is still considered as connected. Image Capture, Photos, and iTunes need to be quit before you can remove it from the Finder.

iPhone showing as locked when connected to photos on my Mac???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.