Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with iCloud music showing in library

Help showing music from iCloud in library

I can’t figure out how to show iCloud purchases in iTunes library on win iTunes downloaded from Microsoft store.

Apple support says go to edit>preferences general tab and check the “iCloud music library” box

This option is not on my general tab.

I am on version 12.10.6.2 (up to date as far as I can tell), account is authorized, other media shows up e.g. movies, even music videos, etc., and music shows up under family purchases just not under my library.

Pleas help.

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 7:18 PM

Solved, but I don’t know why. I was adding some music from a flash drive and now there is a new option in the (music, movies, TV Shows, etc.) drop down menu. I can now select between this computer and (my name)’s library, which has all my iCloud stuff.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2020 7:18 PM in response to xam1d

Solved, but I don’t know why. I was adding some music from a flash drive and now there is a new option in the (music, movies, TV Shows, etc.) drop down menu. I can now select between this computer and (my name)’s library, which has all my iCloud stuff.

Apr 24, 2020 12:19 PM in response to xam1d

Hello xam1d,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand that purchases are not displaying in iTunes on your Windows PC. I'll gladly help get them displaying again.

The option to toggle that on would only be applicable if you use the Apple Music or iTunes Match subscriptions. The option may actually be titled 'Sync Library' on newer versions of iTunes. Check for that option: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

If you don't subscribe, that option won't appear and it sounds like this might be referring to purchases made with the iTunes Store. For those, you'd have to redownload them from the iTunes Store: Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books

Thanks.

Apr 24, 2020 12:32 PM in response to Leanne_68

i do not have an Apple Music subscription, just an iTunes account.

Previously (before I changed computers) purchases that were not downloaded would show up in my library with an iCloud icon in the corner of the album cover.

Currently, with no music download, nothing shows in my library. E.g. I can not stream purchased music.

Are you saying that in the new version of iTunes you have to download music to see it in your library and that Apple has removed the feature of seeing non-download purchases in the library on PC? This is still a feature on the iPhone.

Apr 24, 2020 3:21 PM in response to BreeZee_17

Tried this. When to store>my purchases and downloaded an album (by clicking the iCloud icon there) After download completed I went back to library, right clicked on the artist and clicked “remove download” the arrest picture and album cover disappeared.

Tried again but this time clicked “delete from library” that worked, so.... it’s a work around but this seems very broken.

Thank you for the idea.

Help with iCloud music showing in library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.