Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My window moves offscreen and the desktop changes.

I have a Macbook and Mojave, and sometimes I move a window too far to the right and my desktop changes. Can I stop this? Thanks.

MacBook

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 3:08 PM

myshakespeare,

Thanks for the additional information.

The next thing I suggest checking is to see if you have multiple spaces set up. You can find steps below:

Work in multiple spaces on Mac - Apple Support

Should the issue persist, I suggest contacting Apple Support.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 24, 2020 12:47 PM in response to myshakespeare

Hello myshakespeare,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble with your desktop changing when you place things too far to the right. I’m happy to help.

It sounds like you may have hot corners set up for the right side of your screen. You can find steps for changing your hot corners below:

Use hot corners to start the screen saver on Mac - Apple Support

While the title of that article only mentions starting the screen saver, there are more options once you’re within those settings.

If I’m misunderstanding your issue, please reply with more detail, such as what your desktop is changing to.

Take care.

Apr 24, 2020 1:15 PM in response to sterling r

Hello sterling r,

Thank you for your very quick reply. I looked at the four boxes in Screen Saver/Hot Corners and, alas, there is only a dash ( - ) in each box, which I assume means there is no action assigned to any hot corner.

What happens is this: I have my normal desktop, folders in the background, and a personal photo as the wallpaper. I open any application or my Opera web browser. If I happen to drag the application or browser window to the lower right part of the screen, the entire background swipes off to the left (like a swipe in a movie edit). The background image has changed. My personal photo is replaced by either a blank gray screen or a default Apple wallpaper photo. My folders are still on my desktop. I tested it, and this only happens when I drag something to the lower right of the screen (acting like a definite hot corner). But, as I said, I see only a dash in the settings.

The only way I can get it back to the original desktop is to close the application or browser window and click Opera in the dock and go up to History and re-open a previously closed window. Everything then swipes back to normal. Very strange!

My window moves offscreen and the desktop changes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.