You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search songs in your Apple Music Library

When I search for a specific artist or song in my Apple Music Library and hit one of the results category e.g. songs, there is no way to sort the results by the recently added, in fact there is no “sort” option at all.

Nevertheless, when I click one of the results after playing the song it doesn’t go to the next song automatically.

For example, I would like to listen my most recently added Kygo songs in my library. Hit search and type Kygo in library, and hit songs, the songs are listed alphabetically without option to sort them by recently added and if I click one song, after playing it doesn’t move to the next.

This function works well in Spotify when you search your library.

Any idea or tips how to resolve this? Thanks

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 10:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 5:45 PM

Tamas,

Since Music will not advance to an unchecked song, the symptom you are seeing (play one song then stop) usually means that your songs have become unchecked.

If you don't see the checkboxes at all, put the list in View > As Songs, and also enable Preferences > General > Show Songs List Checkboxes.

If you need to recheck a bunch at once, hold the Command key and click any empty checkbox.

If you are running a European version, the checkboxes are called tick boxes. :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 24, 2020 5:45 PM in response to tamas1284

Tamas,

Since Music will not advance to an unchecked song, the symptom you are seeing (play one song then stop) usually means that your songs have become unchecked.

If you don't see the checkboxes at all, put the list in View > As Songs, and also enable Preferences > General > Show Songs List Checkboxes.

If you need to recheck a bunch at once, hold the Command key and click any empty checkbox.

If you are running a European version, the checkboxes are called tick boxes. :-)

Search songs in your Apple Music Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.