Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X Trail not showing Custom Transitions or Titles

Hello! I am not sure of what to do. I have downloaded a custom transition pack and base adjustment layer and inserted them into the motion templates folder in movies. I made sure that the folders are all labeled ".localized" at the end including the motion templates folder. However when I reopen FCPX I don't see any custom tabs for the media I put in the folders. I am on the trail version as of now if that helps with anything. I would love to figure this out because I would like to buy this software however this is moving me away from that. Someone please help me.

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 12:39 PM

Titles go in a Titles folder. Transitions in a Transitions folder. Inside those folders there needs to be a category folder. Either use an existing category or create your own like Custom or whatever. In the Titles and Transitions browsers you should see the Custom category you created and then the items to want inside that. No additional tabs appear in the application.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 12:39 PM in response to EthanBIllman

Titles go in a Titles folder. Transitions in a Transitions folder. Inside those folders there needs to be a category folder. Either use an existing category or create your own like Custom or whatever. In the Titles and Transitions browsers you should see the Custom category you created and then the items to want inside that. No additional tabs appear in the application.

Final Cut Pro X Trail not showing Custom Transitions or Titles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.