Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing stereo to dual mono?

Working on a multicam clip. I recently did a project where I was able to split a stereo to dual mono. This was a conference, two speakers with separate mics; I needed to be able to cancel the 2nd speaker when he wasn't talking. There was a drop down menu (when that track was highlighted) to choose 'dual mono'. Worked out just fine.

New project. I got the main audio feed from the conference producers. The .AIFF file says it is stereo, though I'm only hearing what appears to be mono. It looks like the Inspector is telling me it's stereo. But I can't find the drop down menu that would allow me to split the stereo to 'dual mono', and separate the voices. Before I start messing around with Logic ... maybe someone can steer me straight here? See attached snapshot at what I'm seeing in the inspector ...

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 1:52 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 23, 2020 2:06 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom. I think that's what I'm doing. I double-clicked open the project into a timeline that shows me all the separate cameras, and audio (tracks). I highlight the audio. I don't see anything different over in the inspector. Oh, ****. So duh, obvious. I was looking for something ABOVE the blue clips ... and there it was, the choice, in the blue 'dialogue' clip box. Just now set it.

Ouch. Slow brain. Thank you most kindly Tom.

All the best, Ben

Changing stereo to dual mono?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.