Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use emoji in iphone 6 MacOS 12.4

The round emoji symbol at bottom shows as a globe and when clicked on it changes the language, no emoji. If you hold the icon a list of languages appear, one of which is emoji. How do I get the icon to remain on emoji and not change to language?

iPhone 6

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 10:45 AM

RoydenfromMB wrote:

If you hold the icon a list of languages appear, one of which is emoji. How do I get the icon to remain on emoji and not change to language?

Can't you just use your finger to select emoji instead of the language, like you would when choosing an item from any other drop down or popup menu that you get when you hold down a key?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2020 10:45 AM in response to RoydenfromMB

RoydenfromMB wrote:

If you hold the icon a list of languages appear, one of which is emoji. How do I get the icon to remain on emoji and not change to language?

Can't you just use your finger to select emoji instead of the language, like you would when choosing an item from any other drop down or popup menu that you get when you hold down a key?

Apr 24, 2020 11:50 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

yes I can do it that way, but on one iphone we have, the icon is the emoji icon, not language. If you hold it down it pops up to English and Emoji, when released defaults to emoji. So when you are composing e-mail and want an emoji, hit the icon and select it. Just seems odd that the 'change language' setting would be in such a location and not in the settings. Thought there might be someway to make it default to emoji.

How to use emoji in iphone 6 MacOS 12.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.