Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emoji Keyboard is not working.

I installed the recent update on my iPad and now my emoji's are not working. I have erased and reinstalled the emoji keyboard, restarted my iPad, and searched the Apple C

ommunity for suggestions--none of which have worked. I cannot find a globe icon in messages as suggested. I would appreciate some help.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2022 9:38 AM

Within the Messages App, tap the compass icon to access Memojis - if supported by your iPad.

Emojis are accessed directly from your iPad on-screen keyboard - if enabled in iPad settings:

Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard - select and add Emojis

The Globe icon will only be visible if you have also selected an additional language keyboard.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2022 9:38 AM in response to Suzan530

Within the Messages App, tap the compass icon to access Memojis - if supported by your iPad.

Emojis are accessed directly from your iPad on-screen keyboard - if enabled in iPad settings:

Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard - select and add Emojis

The Globe icon will only be visible if you have also selected an additional language keyboard.

Jun 3, 2022 9:56 AM in response to LotusPilot

I just figured something out. I have an attached bluetooth keyboard and there is a globe key and a keyboard key on the top row. Both of these will take me to the emoji's. I used to be able to just type a word (like heart or love) to get a choice of emoji's connected to that word. That doesn't work any more, but at least I can get to them now. Thanks for your help.

Emoji Keyboard is not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.