Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wacom intuos pro PTH-651 dosen't work on Mojave

I have a three year old Wacom Intuos Pro Pen Tablet which worked perfectly until I update my macOS to Mojave.

Initially Mojave failed to recognize the tablet, after many reinstall it recognizes but only the touch. The pen still dosen't work, and no click works.

The wacom's diagnosis says everything is working fine...

I’d really like to be able to get my pen tablet working again and would be grateful for any guidance and support anyone out there can provide.

I have already followed the procedures at https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-uninstall-(manually)-and-re-install-the-Wacom-driver-on-Mac-OS-for-a-Pen-Tablet%2C-Pen-Display%2C-or-Pen-Computer%3F&guideId=002-235 and https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=Is-there-a-compatible-driver-for-Mac-OS-10.14-Mojave%3F&guideId=014-001) and it has not worked to resolve my current problem. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Mac Pro

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 6:33 AM

Hello belém,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand a pen tablet isn't working with your Mac. I'll do what I can to help.

Try narrowing it down where it might be coming from. Start the Mac in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac You can also try a new user as well: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Best regards.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2020 6:33 AM in response to belém

Hello belém,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand a pen tablet isn't working with your Mac. I'll do what I can to help.

Try narrowing it down where it might be coming from. Start the Mac in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac You can also try a new user as well: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Best regards.

May 1, 2020 5:15 PM in response to rose_10

Hello Sarah and Kurt,

Thank you for your help.

First, under security & privacy is everithing checked. It is all as wacom guide says it should be.

So I did what Sarah suggested, here what happened.

When I start in safe mode:

• Nothing works

Then I tryed in another user:

• I uninstalled the driver
  • I created a new user
  • I reinstalled the driver logged in the new user account
  • It was working just fine.
  • Than when I came back to my main user... the pen tablet wasn't workning. Both users has the same configuration on security and privacy.

Do you have any idea of what it might be?

Thank you in advance.

Best,

May 2, 2020 7:33 AM in response to belém

belém,

Since it's not happening in a different user, it is something specific to your user account. A new user won't have any login items, so be sure to check those if you haven't already.

If you have, the best thing you can do is keep partnering with the manufacturer for any additional steps or reach out to Apple Support direct: Contact Apple Support

Take care.

Wacom intuos pro PTH-651 dosen't work on Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.