Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wacom and Catalina OS (software or hardware?, or "here we go again with this topic")

Hallo;

Bought a Chinese XP-PEN Artist15.6 Pro, which worked beautifully out of te box, but due to a nagging lag issue, I decided to return it to Amazon.

Like an idiot, I ordered instead a Wacom Cintiq 16, and it's been ****. When I finally succeeded in installing the drivers, it worked for two weeks, then the pen just refused to work anymore, to the point that I after trying everything, I also returned to amazon for another Cintiq 16. Got here today, but with the same pen problem out of the box...

The things I did:

Visited and implemented the solutions at these sites:

Other things implemented:

• Connected the tablet directly to the iMac (no hubs).
  • Used a cheat sheet emailed by Wacom on how to "truly" remove everything Wacom from your Mac before every Driver re-install.
  • Connected Wacom to different ports on the iMac.
  • Re-Installed the Catalina OS X Bundle (https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2040?locale=en_US).
  • Connected Handbrake to latest iPad Air, and drew. It works as a drawing tablet with the Apple Pencil.

Things noticed:

• Mouse works on tablet (working as a separated display).
  • Wacom software works, but if you run diagnostics, it reports and error and boots the display out, needs to be rebooted (only issue I didn't find a solution for, rebooting makes the software work again).
  • Pen is recognized. If you push on it on the Wacom, it will register pressure. It will also pass the proximity test.

Things I haven't tried yet:

• The Wacom is connected via USB-C to a HDMI adaptor that supports 4K. I haven't replaced it, but I have a unit waiting at Best Buy to pick up.

I have seen a lot of Wacom/Catalina problems that would just be solved by everything I have tried and installed/re-installed... So, is it something so obvious that I'm gonna kick myself for, or do I have an issue that you gents have a solution for?.

Thank in advance. Cheers.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 12:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 4:21 AM

B*ll*cks to this, no response from any quarter, returned the Wacom 16, replaced it With a XP Pen 22, worked beautifully.

End of problem.

Similar questions

2 replies

Wacom and Catalina OS (software or hardware?, or "here we go again with this topic")

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.