Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wacom Tablet driver works on New User only (and not on Admin)

Hi, everyone! I recently reconnected WACOM Intuos Small PTH-451 tablet to my iMac and it wouldn't work even after (re)installing the drivers. I tried the tablet 5-6 months ago and it worked fine then, but as I've plugged it again via USB now, iMAC simply doesn't see it. The tablet itself works fine (lights on). I'm using macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Important thing: I asked the Wacom Support about this issue and we tried a few options, but to no avail. The curious thing is that I created a New User and in this case the Tablet does work, but not with the Admin Account.

I also tried removing all the drivers, and deleting all the Wacom Tablet files inside Libraries, LaunchAgents, PriveledgedHelperTools, etc. Restarting iMac and installing the drivers again. I also tried to use older drivers instead of the newest ones: the result is the same.

There were two more ways for possible solution, which don't seem to be working here: dealing with NVRAM (Option+Cmd+P+R after reboot – didn't help) or SMC (doubt, this could help in this sit.)

In System Preferences > Wacom Tablet drivers don't appear. It only says, that there is a problem with the tablet driver (try to restart, reinstall, etc.)

The method mentioned in this thread, didn't help either.

iMac 27″, 10.12

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 4:55 PM

Oh, it seems, I've found the solution in almost unexpected way: I have CleanMyMac installed and it was 'blocking' the Wacom Tablet driver. Under "Optimisation" section there is a list of apps, launching upon iMAC starting to work. Some would be deactivated, so simply be sure to activate WacomTabletDriver. The tablet would then function momentarily.

I hope this would help other users with a similar problem in the future.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2020 4:55 PM in response to Nautiki

Oh, it seems, I've found the solution in almost unexpected way: I have CleanMyMac installed and it was 'blocking' the Wacom Tablet driver. Under "Optimisation" section there is a list of apps, launching upon iMAC starting to work. Some would be deactivated, so simply be sure to activate WacomTabletDriver. The tablet would then function momentarily.

I hope this would help other users with a similar problem in the future.

Wacom Tablet driver works on New User only (and not on Admin)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.