Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving txt messages

iPhone 11 iOS 13.4.1

A friend of mine isn’t receiving messages of more than 2 lines long (that’s on my iPhone 8) with an emoji, but will receive the exact same message without an emoji.

i got in touch with my service provider thinking it was my phone or the network. We both restarted our phones and they said to turn predictive txt off and on to no avail. I txt another contact of mine which they received the same message. My friend had another contact send her the same message and she didn’t receive it so that’s when we found out it was her phone.

i did a test, I txt “did you get this? 😂” each time adding another “did you get this?” to the same message until she didn’t get it;

like this:

“did you get this did you get this did you get this? 😂” etc.

She received them all up to the txt said “did you get this?” 4 times with one 😂 emoji, but I deleted the emoji and sent the same message which she received.

So my guess is the emojis are conflicting with something. The first txt we discovered this issue was sent 22 April at 17:08. The last long txt I sent with an emoji which she received was sent 21 April at 20:15. It is now 24 April after 19:00 she is still experiencing this problem. It’s only txt messaging. Messenger, Snapchat etc are fine.

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 12:11 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 24, 2020 12:53 AM in response to SravanKrA

I did contact them. It’s only her phone, and we are the same provider. They already looked into the problem on their end.

Its only her not receiving messages more than 2 lines long with an emoji. Anything shorter she receives even with emojis, but anything longer than 2 lines with an emoji she won’t receive. It’s like a setting has changed overnight or an update hasn’t worked properly. No one else is having this issue apart from her

Not receiving txt messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.