Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

download apps on family sharing account

I would like to create a family sharing for my wife and two kids.

I am wondering if I bought an app from apple store cost 3$. Will my wife able to download it on her iPhone for free or Apple store will charge me another 3$.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 10:37 AM

Hey there srustom,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you have some questions about Family Sharing and your purchases. I’ll be happy to help.

When you set up Family Sharing, there is a purchase sharing option you can enable so that other members of your group can download and access purchases you made on your account at no extra charge. To learn how to set this up, review the steps in this article:

Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2020 10:37 AM in response to srustom

Hey there srustom,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you have some questions about Family Sharing and your purchases. I’ll be happy to help.

When you set up Family Sharing, there is a purchase sharing option you can enable so that other members of your group can download and access purchases you made on your account at no extra charge. To learn how to set this up, review the steps in this article:

Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing

Cheers.

download apps on family sharing account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.