Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant find the screenshot video recorded BUT not saved

Hi All. Im new to the forum but desperately need help. I'm right in the middle of a disciplinary hearing at work (completely innocent BTW) and yesterday I recorded the web conference by pressing Shift/Command and 5. The video recorded perfectly and after I stopped its recording, it was seen on my Mac desktop.

I watched back the video and it proves my innocence. However, I'm new to the Mac computer, and as it was on my desktop at the time I did not save it anywhere.

the computer was turned off at the power, and when I turn on the Mac this morning, the video is no longer on my desktop.

My wife and I are frantic with worry that it may be lost as it was not saved.

Please any help would be so welcome.

Ive looked in the Finder windows and can't seem to find it, and I can't see it in the trash (although I did not put it there).

Please help if you can.

Thank you David

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 3:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 3:43 AM

Check the Desktop folder in the iCloud Drive. Or check icloud.com. Depending on how large the file was it may have exceeded your iCloud Storage plan and failed to upload.

2 replies

Cant find the screenshot video recorded BUT not saved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.