Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High temperature

A month ago I bought a MacBook Pro 13. Today, when I worked on it (processed video), the temperature reached 95-98 degrees on the processors. Is this normal? How to deal with it?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 7:35 AM

Please read See how apps affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature, and fan activity as well as Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperature including all the "tips." They're important.

4 replies

Apr 24, 2020 6:01 PM in response to jKirill

It is not unusual to see the CPU temps reach 99C or 100C when doing CPU intensive workloads. A lot of simple workloads will keep the CPU temps at 60C - 80C.

Run the Apple Diagnostics to make sure the cooling system is working normally.

Recent Apple laptops run hotter than the older Apple laptops and hotter than many other laptop brands because the Apple laptops use such a powerful CPU in such a thin laptop where dissipating the heat is very difficult.

Apr 24, 2020 7:39 AM in response to kaz-k

Thank. Sorry, I'm worried that I did not bring all the information or I was misunderstood. In normal operation, the browser and 2-3 more applications, the temperature is approximately + -50 degrees. Now, during video processing, such a temperature was reached and cooling turned on to a maximum (7200 rpm). When the video processing was completed, the temperature returned to the region of + - 50 degrees. Perhaps you thought that always such a temperature.

High temperature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.