Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Airpods mic isn't working with Windows 10

using bootcamp with latest software versions of macOS and bootcamp AirPods are seen by windows 10 only as headphones with microphone not working. There is a solution in the forum for a an old Broadcom driver from 2013 but it has not had any comment since 2017

any recommendation is welcome

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 10:14 AM

25 replies

Apr 26, 2020 8:16 AM in response to konstantinosfromherrliberg

These are the BT UUIDs using two different Wireless Headphone/Microphone combinations - a Motorola S9 and an Apple AirpodsPro. On a CentOS7 iMac with bluetoothctl running, the log has

See https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/assigned-numbers/service-discovery/ for reference regarding UUIDs.

Neither of these work properly in W10 1909 on a 2018 13-in MBP.

Jul 5, 2020 8:04 AM in response to Loner T

Had called about this issue(mic not working on bootcamp wins 10 13 inch MBP 2020) and sent photos which they requested to the Apple Senior Engineer . The engineer was supposed to call me back on 3 July 2020 and till today no call back. Never thought that Apple and MS support really really not up to standard for the premium prices we pay for their products. :(((

Apr 29, 2020 10:08 AM in response to Loner T

The windows should not be the problem unless the support for the drivers got broken with the update. If I uninstall he device from device manager would it then reinstall the correct driver? Is there a way that I can find the correct driver s I can install it manually? I read somewhere that an old Broadcom driver supplied by Lenovo indies laptops worked but I don’t want to mess with such old drivers t be honest.

Apr 29, 2020 10:49 AM in response to konstantinosfromherrliberg

Drivers are based on PID/VID (Product ID/Vendor ID). If you use a driver which does not match the hardware PID/VID, Windows will replace it. My recommendation is against using drivers that are not supported on your Mac. You may want to consider creating a bug report with Apple, since you have a 2018 Mac with the T2 controller (I presume). This would be the more prudent route. On older Macs with similar issues, users have also used BT dongles. It may be an option for a 2018 model. 2019 models have issues with external BT dongles causing hardware failures/issues.

May 11, 2020 9:50 AM in response to Loner T

Thanks for your insight on this issue. I am facing the same thing with multiple other bluetooth headsets....

I have created a feedback report for this also.

In terms of workarounds, is a USB bluetooth dongle the best/only way? I know you advised against using other drivers but do you expect any luck using other drivers (from previous Windows/Bootcamp Support versions)?

Thanks again

May 11, 2020 11:03 AM in response to rjw65

rjw65 wrote:

In terms of workarounds, is a USB bluetooth dongle the best/only way?

On 2019 and later Macs, there are known hardware issues with external dongles. Please do not use them.

I know you advised against using other drivers but do you expect any luck using other drivers (from previous Windows/Bootcamp Support versions)?

Do you want to provide details of the alternative driver(s) that you plan to experiment with? It is not easy to make general statements about drivers in this context.

May 11, 2020 11:18 AM in response to Loner T

Thanks for your reply.

I have a 2018 Macbook Pro, so a bluetooth adaptor might be a workable solution until a permanent fix becomes available?

I didn't have any particular drivers in mind but was thinking about trying ones from an older version of the Bootcamp Support package?

I'm not sure exactly what changed to 'break' this feature. Presumably it worked at one point or another in the past and an Windows or Bootcamp Support update 'broke' it?

Thanks for any further advise you can provide!

Jul 5, 2020 10:30 AM in response to appztehc

appztehc wrote:

Had called about this issue(mic not working on bootcamp wins 10 13 inch MBP 2020) and sent photos which they requested to the Apple Senior Engineer . The engineer was supposed to call me back on 3 July 2020 and till today no call back.

Phone calls will end up in ether. The only reliable method is a bug report, which does not requires multiple handlers, since they are routed without much of human mangling.

Never thought that Apple and MS support really really not up to standard for the premium prices we pay for their products. :(((

This is an Apple issue, not a MS issue. As noted previously, this has been 'broken' since 2015 Macs. It may get fixed once Apple Silicon is generally-available, but do not bank on this probability.

My Airpods mic isn't working with Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.