Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to manually force Photo Stream update?

Saw many old posts on this but no solutions - and all of them closed. I'm finding it hard to understand why photos taken on my iPhone sync immediately to my other iOS devices (iPad) but it's hit and miss with my MacBook Air. No matter where photos are taken (around home, on same LAN with MBAir, or out and about) it's a coin toss as to when the photos taken on my 11 Pro Max show up in the Photo Stream of my MBAir - if ever. Any luck for anyone else resolving this or at least finding a way to tell Photos on Mac in the Photo Stream to "go check for the latest"?

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 11:11 AM

2 replies

Apr 25, 2020 10:35 AM in response to Old Toad

That process cleared the Photo Stream on the Mac and now no photos are showing even after several close/reopen iterations of the Photos app. So that just proves it is not syncing with the cloud until when/if it spontaneously decides to do so. Is this a known bug? I'm running Catalina 10.15.4. Again, it works flawlessly across my iOS devices.

How to manually force Photo Stream update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.