Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't log into apple tv

I have a first edition Apple TV. It doesn't seem to like the two factor authentication. I have tried putting in my password followed by the verification code that I receive on my phone, but to no avail. I am quite tech savvy, but this one has got me stumped. The instruction clearly states to "type your password followed by this code into the password field on your device". This clearly doesn't work. I am using the right password, since I am able to login to here, but some insane reason when I try to login following the above instruction it doesn't work, I keep getting "Your Apple ID or password is incorrect"... when neither were... getting a little frustrated... when all I want to do is Apple+.

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 3:14 PM

I have a first edition Apple TV.

If yours is a 3.9" black box, then it is at least 2nd generation. Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

It doesn't seem to like the two factor authentication.

The validation of the verification code times out after just 30 seconds. Entering your password and the code may take too long. Try doing it differently: First enter your password (do not submit yet), then request a new code, then append that code to the password, then submit. (When the timer starts later, you will have enough time.)

when all I want to do is Apple+.

For Apple TV+, you will needs at least a 3rd generation Apple TV.

Devices you can use with the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2020 3:14 PM in response to geomac88

I have a first edition Apple TV.

If yours is a 3.9" black box, then it is at least 2nd generation. Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

It doesn't seem to like the two factor authentication.

The validation of the verification code times out after just 30 seconds. Entering your password and the code may take too long. Try doing it differently: First enter your password (do not submit yet), then request a new code, then append that code to the password, then submit. (When the timer starts later, you will have enough time.)

when all I want to do is Apple+.

For Apple TV+, you will needs at least a 3rd generation Apple TV.

Devices you can use with the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ - Apple Support

can't log into apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.