Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iMac 21.5inch Mid-2011 with MacOS High Sierra as a Target Display

Has anyone done this https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204592 successfully from a 2020 MacBook air that has a Thunderbolt 3 output (I'm using a brand new apple adapter and thunderbolt 2 cable)? Everything I read says this should work but I'm having no luck.

MacBook

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 10:59 AM

Sorry, I'm as mystified as you...

You can connect any of these older iMac models to another Mac from 2019 or earlier for use as an external display. Learn how to identify your iMac model.

Target display mode requires macOS High Sierra or earlier on the iMac used as the external display. It does not work with macOS Mojave or later.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2020 10:59 AM in response to JaBluestar

Sorry, I'm as mystified as you...

You can connect any of these older iMac models to another Mac from 2019 or earlier for use as an external display. Learn how to identify your iMac model.

Target display mode requires macOS High Sierra or earlier on the iMac used as the external display. It does not work with macOS Mojave or later.

Using iMac 21.5inch Mid-2011 with MacOS High Sierra as a Target Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.