Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand New Mac Won't Accept Wifi Password

I just received a brand new MacBook Air today from the Military Exchange and right out of the box I have nothing but problems. The main problem is that the laptop recognizes my Wifi but will not take my password. It does the same thing with my iPhone personal hotspot. I have never had this issue with my Windows or Android devices, my TV, and not even with my iPhone. I did the reboot of the computer and the router multiple times and I know for sure my passwords are correct. My router is a Viasat satellite receiver. I am seeing all kinds of "fixes" on the net, but none of these should be necessary with a brand new unit. I also can't change the date and time even when logging in with my new Mac password, but that's an issue for another time. Please, someone, tell me there is a simple fix for this. If it's a long complicated process, I will just return it and get a Windows unit. To have problems right out of the box is unacceptable. Thanks for your time.

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 8:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 1:07 AM

Are you able to remove the password protection from your WiFi and then test if you can join it?

1 reply

Brand New Mac Won't Accept Wifi Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.