Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

final cut pro not publishing to youtube

In my earlier videos, I saved as an mp4 file and then uploaded to my channel on YouTube without any problems. I thought that I would try and publish directly to YouTube, and was logged in Ok, and the share got to 50% and then stalled. Have tried it twice.

Is there a trick to getting the files directly to you tube - file is about 5Gb

Thanks

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 6:32 AM

The 50% mark is where the upload should start.

There was a security setting that should require entering your password in a browser window to “authorize” FCP X to access your YouTube account. I don’t remember the details.

Try deleting the existing destination and creating a new one. Hopefully you will get that security window and things may work well from then on.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2020 6:32 AM in response to Alex in devon

The 50% mark is where the upload should start.

There was a security setting that should require entering your password in a browser window to “authorize” FCP X to access your YouTube account. I don’t remember the details.

Try deleting the existing destination and creating a new one. Hopefully you will get that security window and things may work well from then on.

Apr 25, 2020 8:58 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I get the same thing, an apparent stall at 50%. In reality things are still happening on the YouTube side. You can check what is going on by logging into YT and going YT Studio then to the videos view in your browser before starting the upload. Once you hit the 50% point in FCP switch to your browser and check the status of the upload. You should see that the video is processing.

I find it helps if only have your browser and FCP open and that the energy saver option is set to never sleep. I also turn the screen saver off.

final cut pro not publishing to youtube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.